Senior Paws Dog Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operated solely by loving and dedicated volunteers who rescue senior dogs in the state of Florida. These are dogs who have been abandoned, dumped in shelters or destined for premature euthanasia, due to reasons that are not warranted. Our organization is dedicated to provide:
- Medical treatment when illness is curable or manageable
- Preventative treatment to prolong the healthy senior dog’s life
- Loving palliative hospice care for terminally ill senior dogs
- Both traditional and alternative health and wellness care as appropriate
- Dedicated efforts to secure permanent, safe and loving life-long homes
Our belief is that, as humans, we are all in this together. Historically, dogs were domesticated to provide service and companionship to humans. In return, Senior Paws feels compelled to provide safe havens for them. Our work with other rescue organizations and shelter facilities aims at increasing community awareness and involvement through outreach and hands-on education. We are proud of our unique approaches and activities for the benefit of our senior dogs:
- Senior Paws Dog Rescue is 100% volunteer and foster-based.
- Our volunteers are compassionate, loving, and are skilled in their primary areas of expertise.
- Our goal is to take a conservative approach with finances to maintain low overhead and to focus our donations directly on the care of senior dogs.
- Quality of care for our seniors before the quantity of rescues are our most important goals.
- We coach our foster parents to develop the skills needed to provide safe shelter, loving care and life enrichment for our senior dogs, until they find permanent homes.
- We are an open adoption rescue – meaning we focus on the positive aspects of potential adopters, instead of looking for reasons why they should be denied from adoption.
Senior Paws Dog Rescue is a limited-admission organization. Avoiding overcrowded conditions or boarding facilities, we accept only those senior dogs for which we have foster homes and work directly with animal shelters. By limiting our rescue’s dog population, we are successful in meeting the standards of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
Senior Paws Dog Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization. All funds raised go directly to our rescue program, and all donations are tax-deductible.